The lengthening days and warmer temps are finally here, and that means it’s time to enjoy some fresh seasonal produce! There are several farmers markets to visit in Fairfield and our neighboring towns, all of which are vital sources of income for the growers that attend, and a perfect opportunity to get the bulk of your grocery shopping done locally. These markets are held on different days so no matter your schedule you can likely find a farmers market that works for you.
We have two spectacular farmers markets here in Fairfield:
- The Fairfield Farmers Market runs each Sunday from 10am-2pm (2021 dates are June 13-Oct 3). Located on Sherman Green- 1451 Post Road, Fairfield. This market is accessible via GBT Route 7 and Coastal Link.
- The Greenfield Hill Farmers Market runs each Saturday from 10am-2pm (2021 dates are May 15-Oct 30). Located in the shopping center lot at 65 Hillside Road, Fairfield.
There are also wonderful farmers markets to explore in our neighboring towns:
- The Westport Farmers Market runs on Thursdays from 10am-2pm (2021 dates are May 13-Nov 11). Located at 50 Imperial Avenue in Westport. This market is accessible via Coastal Link.
- The Bridgeport Farmers Market Collaborative supports a number of independently operated farmers markets throughout the city of Bridgeport. All of these markets accept SNAP/EBT (double points, $1=$2 at the market), WIC and Senior Farmers Market Nutrition Program checks, and Bridgeport Bucks.
- The Downtown Market at MacLevy runs Thursdays form 10:30am-2pm (2021 dates are July 8-Oct 14). Located at MacLevy Green at Bank Street, Bridgeport. This market is accessible via Coastal Link, and GBT (Routes 5, 7, and 17).
- The East End NRZ Market & Cafe runs Sundays from 9am-3pm (2021 dates are July 18-Oct 24). Located at 1851 Stratford Ave in Bridgeport. This market is accessible via Coastal Link, and GBT (Route1).
- The Stratfield Saturday Market in Clinton Park runs Saturdays from 9:30am-1:30pm (2021 dates are June 19-Oct 2). Located in Clinton Park, corner of Brooklawn & North Aves, Bridgeport. This market is accessible via GBT (Route10).
- The Yale New Haven/Bridgeport Hospital Farm Stand runs Thursdays from 3:30-5:30pm (2021 dates are July 15-Oct 14). Located at 267 Grant St, Bridgeport. This market is accessible via GBT (Routes 1 and 13).
- The Farmers Market of Black Rock runs Saturdays from 9am-1pm (2021 Season starts June 19). Located next to St. Ann’s Church, 481 Brewster St in Bridgeport. This market is accessible via Coastal Link.
- The St. Vincent’s Farm Stand runs Thursdays from 11:30am-4pm (2021 dates are July 13-Oct 26). Located at St. Vincent’s Hospital, 2800 Main St, Bridgeport. This market is accessible via GBT (Route 8).
- The GVI Reservoir Community Farm Stand runs on Saturdays from 10am-2pm (2021 dates are June 26-Oct 30). Located at Reservoir Community Farm, 1469 Reservoir Ave in Bridgeport. This market is accessible via GBT (Route 6).
- The Trumbull Farmers Market runs Thursdays from 4-7pm (June through October). Located at 245 Unity Road in Trumbull.
Vendors at each market vary, but most are Connecticut-based farms and businesses. Most markets listed offer farm products from Fairfield or one of our neighboring towns (Bridgeport, Easton, Trumbull, Weston or Westport). Explore them all!